the charlotte observer logo

images dresses The Charlotte Observer the charlotte observer logo. the charlotte observer.
  • the charlotte observer.



  • kumar1305
    03-30 05:48 PM
    I am not really sure why this really makes a difference. My perm was approved in EB3 in about 7 months but if I have to wait 30 years to get a GC what difference does it make ?!?

    It makes a difference to me as I'm already in the 6th year.





    wallpaper the charlotte observer. the charlotte observer logo. dresses The Charlotte Observer
  • dresses The Charlotte Observer



  • yabadaba
    06-28 09:08 AM
    ^^^^^





    the charlotte observer logo. house The Charlotte Observer
  • house The Charlotte Observer



  • baburob2
    12-04 06:46 PM
    basically you have to maintain GC and then also abide by citizenship requirements. regarding the stay if you want to apply for citizenship after 5 years of getting GC you should physically be in US for 30 months (ie half of the 5 years) and no single travel outside of US should span more than 6 months (though under some circumstances you could counter travels between 6 months to 1 year).





    2011 dresses The Charlotte Observer the charlotte observer logo. the charlotte observer.
  • the charlotte observer.



  • kaisersose
    07-23 09:01 AM
    All,

    I feel that those who concurrently filed I-140/485 in July 2007 are very lucky!

    Here is my situation -

    Previous Employer -
    EB3,PD-Jan'04,I-140 cleared. Switched in June 2007 and wasn't able to file I-485 in July 2007

    New Employer -
    EB2, PD-Dec'-07, I-140 (Feb'08 - pending)

    Question -

    Based on Jun'08 Visa bulletin the dates for EB2-India were at Apr'04. Filed for I-140/485 based on my old priority date for EB3 labor (Jan'04). Explaining USCIS for PD transfer.

    Well, folks at NSC did not understand the PD transfer concept and send my application back. Unclear as to what do now. I guess need to wait until the dates for EB2-India reach Dec'07 such that I can file.

    Any "Creative" thoughts on how to approach USCIS moving forward.

    Thanks in advance for your replies.

    Aamchimumbai

    You do not have to wait till Dec 07 becomes current. I assume when you applied for your second 140, you already requested them to use the earlier EB-3 PD. So when your EB2 140 is approved, it will have the earlier PD, which means you can apply for 485 when your 04 date is current.

    Now all you have to do is wait for your 140 to be approved.



    more...


    the charlotte observer logo. makeup The Charlotte Observer
  • makeup The Charlotte Observer



  • harish
    08-16 09:50 AM
    Please update on who received their FP notices:


    Application was mailed on 06/25/07 to NSC, but my case got transfered to TSC. My receipt number begins with SRC....

    485 RD: 06/26/2007
    485 ND: 08/06/2007

    FP ND: Waiting..........
    FP Date: Waiting.........





    the charlotte observer logo. THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
  • THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER



  • StuckInTheMuck
    08-07 10:47 AM
    I filed mine, and my wife's, July 2 ('07) without medical, got status alert "RFE notice sent" Aug 4, guessing medical (have doc appointment tomorrow).



    more...


    the charlotte observer logo. Logo
  • Logo



  • vin13
    12-04 10:05 AM
    Hi vin13,
    Do you also need documents to prove relationship with the person who is ill? If so what kind of documents would suffice?
    I have an appointment tomorrow and only have a letter from the doctor.

    Thanks,

    We did not have to prove the relationship. It was a hospital letter stating the person had passed away.

    Again, all i can tell you is go with what you have and try. there are no specific rules or standard procedure. Each IO officer may look at it in different ways.

    When you go, take your I-485 receipt notice, 2 passport size photos in case they ask you to fill a new application.





    2010 house The Charlotte Observer the charlotte observer logo. dresses The Charlotte Observer
  • dresses The Charlotte Observer



  • IamWithImmiVoice
    06-17 09:00 PM
    Contributed 100 dollars. Hopefully everyone here contributes and we meet our goals..



    more...


    the charlotte observer logo. A Charlotte Observer newspaper
  • A Charlotte Observer newspaper



  • satishku_2000
    08-23 03:23 PM
    Received FP Notice in mail today

    485 RD: Jul 2 2007
    485 ND: Aug 7 2007
    FP ND : Aug 14 2007
    FP Date: Aug 28 2007

    Is it from NSC or TSC





    hair the charlotte observer. the charlotte observer logo. the charlotte observer font.
  • the charlotte observer font.



  • kumar1
    05-22 08:29 AM
    Very few people know that there are categories like EB3-I and EB2-I.
    I am kind of glad that I am in EB-3 India. At least my hope never goes up.



    more...


    the charlotte observer logo. Charlotte Observer newspaper
  • Charlotte Observer newspaper



  • indio0617
    07-11 02:22 PM
    /\/\/\/\/\





    hot makeup The Charlotte Observer the charlotte observer logo. Mens Burton Logo Tee in Charlotte | Charlotte Observer
  • Mens Burton Logo Tee in Charlotte | Charlotte Observer



  • vnsriv
    03-27 11:02 AM
    Hi All,
    My gc was filed in Jun 2002 under EB3. I had approved labour and I-140.(in feb 2004).
    I had filed my I-485 in June 2005 and got EAD in one month. I got married in Jan.
    So is this correct that I can file my wife's case only when priority dates become current?
    Now the real question is how do I keep track of this.

    Option 1

    On US buletin, as of April, http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2847.html

    All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES

    Employment-Based
    1st C 01JAN04 01JAN05 C C
    2nd C 01JAN03 01JUL02 C C
    3rd 01MAY01 01MAY01 01FEB01 08APR01 01MAY01

    So I should look at wait till my priorites date become current?(change from 01 Feb to Jun 2002) Is that correct?




    Option 2
    https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

    I-485 Application to register **** Employement Based adjustments application March 01,2005

    Does it mean if I-485 dates move from March 01 to Jun 2005, I can file my spouse's case

    Please suggest which is the correct way to keep the track

    Thanks a lot



    more...


    house Gucci Logo Temple Sunglasses in Charlotte | Charlotte Observer the charlotte observer logo. Woodstock Logo Tee$9.99$20
  • Woodstock Logo Tee$9.99$20



  • Gundark
    08-27 12:16 PM
    Very nice Calvin and Hobbes! :thumb:

    I haven't had a chance to try to make C3PO yet, I'll see if I can't do that sometime today.





    tattoo THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER the charlotte observer logo. Woodstock Logo Tee$9.99$20
  • Woodstock Logo Tee$9.99$20



  • nozerd
    01-28 07:25 PM
    Yes, same thing happened to me also. My nephew who applied got OCI but when I applied for my daughter the application was rejected and sent back. I then got PIO.
    Per the rules to get OCI at least 1 of the parents nationality has to be non Indian. The logic is that if both parents are Indians even if kid is born in US and travels on US passport as kid they have until the age of 18 to choose.



    more...


    pictures Logo the charlotte observer logo. the charlotte observer
  • the charlotte observer



  • lostinbeta
    10-21 02:15 AM
    Haha, not with my luck though :(

    Dead shows??????


    :::asks as this thread gets completely off topic:::





    dresses Mens Burton Logo Tee in Charlotte | Charlotte Observer the charlotte observer logo. This is a licensed Nintendo hat featuring the Zelda logo.
  • This is a licensed Nintendo hat featuring the Zelda logo.



  • govindk
    10-30 11:02 PM
    My EAD is pending for more than 90 days now.My received date is 27th July and Notice date is 31st Aug. I called USCIS and told that my application is pending for more than 90 days. The Level 1 officer acknowledged the fact and escalated the call to Level 2. The level 2 IO was very rude and simply deny to accept the fact that 90 days are over. She simply said that the USCIS is counting 90 days from the notice date not the received date. I told her that It is mentioned on the USCIS website that 90 days are from the received date. The IO officer scolded at me and said if I don't believe her words, then do not call USCIS.:mad:

    I guess there is no point calling USCIS and checking status on EAD. I am hoping that the situation will improve and i will soon get EAD card.



    more...


    makeup A Charlotte Observer newspaper the charlotte observer logo. Gucci Logo Temple Sunglasses in Charlotte | Charlotte Observer
  • Gucci Logo Temple Sunglasses in Charlotte | Charlotte Observer



  • logiclife
    02-16 10:31 AM
    California used to finish the labor cert in 7-8 months even in 2004, 2005, just before BECs started.

    I got my state labor approved and then it went to the San Francisco office in Dec 2004 and got it approved in June 2005. I am glad it didnt go to backlog center coz they were just starting up at the time.

    Backlog centers have worsened the problem by slowing things down even further and now you even lost transparency. They are like "Trust us, we are the elite backlog centers...how could WE do anything wrong".





    girlfriend Woodstock Logo Tee$9.99$20 the charlotte observer logo. Charlotte NC - The Charlotte
  • Charlotte NC - The Charlotte



  • speddi
    08-24 02:08 PM
    The scenario is

    Company A filed 485 in EB2 with an approved 140. Company B filed 140 with an older PD in EB2. After 180 days(AC21), we change to company B on H1 and company B's 140 is approved in the meantime. We can change the underlying 140 with the new approved 140(old PD). I have couple of questions:
    1. Do we have to stick to company B for 180 days again to invoke AC21 or for only the time till the interfiling process is completed and we get a confirmation from USCIS ?
    2. Does the new PD need to be current for us to file for interfiling?

    Thank you





    hairstyles Charlotte Observer newspaper the charlotte observer logo. charlotte observer ondec
  • charlotte observer ondec



  • amit_sp
    07-16 09:29 AM
    Hello: Here's the original article.

    http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB118455917060167397-lMyQjAxMDE3ODE0NjUxNTY5Wj.html


    see Greg Siskind's blog :
    http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/

    An alert reader sent me the following this morning. Miriam Jordan of the WSJ is reporting


    Looking to resolve a messy immigration tangle, the U.S. government is close to announcing that it will accept at least some applications for work-based green cards that were filed by thousands of skilled workers in early July at the government's invitation and then abruptly rejected.

    This would be hugely disappointing news if true and, according to a source, this was NOT the deal on the table over the weekend. It also will fail to address the three crises facing USCIS:

    - fighting multiple lawsuits including at least two class action matters
    - staving off congressional hearings and the release of embarrassing documents
    - answering press inquiries over why USCIS skipped security clearances during a time when the US is under threat of a major terrorist attack

    One would hope that common sense would outweigh USCIS' anti-immigrant instincts. Like an addict that's out of control, it's time for an intervention.





    laborfd
    10-15 02:06 PM
    What is LUD? and how do we check it?





    TwinkleM
    07-15 02:04 AM
    Thank You sbmallik for your response.

    Attorneys, would appreciate your inputs on the above questions...

    Also,

    Am planning to withdraw my husband's H4 application as he wants to continue his work on EAD.
    1) Would this be a problem in his GC journey?

    2) If something has to go wrong with my still pending I140, our EAD will not longer be valid. Then, can I apply for his H4 in future?(keeping in mind that his H4 application has been withdrawn right now)

    3) Will he need to get out of the country while we file his H4 other then stamping?

    4) Am planning to go for stamping to Qubec. Anybody who has recently been there for stamping, could you pls. post your experiences both at the consulate & POE?

    Thanx in Advance



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Archive

    Total Pageviews